The Mechanical Taping course runs over three days, introducing students to mechanical taping tools for drylined walls and ceilings. This course is perfect for anyone who’s already finished the Hand Taping or Introduction to Drylining Finishing courses but is also suitable for anyone brand new to mechanical taping. With an emphasis on practical work, the course aims to increase productivity and develop new skills. There’s a short induction with an informal Q&A, how-to videos and discussion but then it’s straight into the practical work. Attendees will learn about different types of joints and mechanical tools, how to carry out basic repairs and prepare finished surfaces for decoration. By the end of the course participants will be able to access all the equipment needed, demonstrate safe and healthy working and interpret specifications and drawings to apply tapes and finish dry-lined joints on ceilings and walls. Led by an industry expert, this course works well with the Hand Taping course to develop further skills.
- Duration - Three days
- Products Used - Mechanical taping tools, Gyprco ProMix Lite, Gyproc Joint Filler, Gyproc EasiFill60, Gyproc LevelLine, Gyproc Aquabead and Gyproc Drywall Primer
- Audience - Beginners and those who have finished Hand Taping or Introduction to Drylining Courses
- Learning Outcome - Increased skills and knowledge of equipment and practices
- Training Delivery - Face-to-face, video and practical work
- Teachers - Industry experts
- Next Course - Hand Taping