Dot and dab
This one-day course helps newcomers to drylining to learn how to apply ‘dot and dab’ to masonry backgrounds. There’s a strong focus on gaining knowledge and skills so that participants can gain the competency and confidence for high quality, safe installation. The course is ideal for new installers or for anyone who has already completed our ‘Introduction to Drylining’. During the day, participants will mainly learn through a hands-on, practical approach. There’s also an induction with how-to videos and verbal presentation and plenty of time to ask informal questions throughout the course. Attendees will cut and install plasterboard using the ‘dot and dab’ method by setting out and using a dab layout. They’ll also learn about perimeter seals, types of plasterboard, how to identify components and form openings, cut around pipes and socket boxes. By the end of the day, each participant will be able to demonstrate their understanding, identifying the differences between boards and be able to cut and install boards using the “Dot and Dab” method using the correct dab pattern and minimising air leakage. As with all of our training, this course is delivered by industry experts and makes an excellent knowledge base to go on and gain further skills.
- Duration - One day
- Products Used - Plasterboard
- Audience - New installers and those who have completed ‘Introduction to Drylining’
- Learning Outcome - Increased understanding of boards and methodology
- Training Delivery - Face-to-face, video and practical work
- Teachers - Industry experts
- Next Course – Introduction to GypWall Single Frame Partitions and Advanced GypWall Single Frame Partitions.