This specialist course in hand taping is made up of 16 hours of mostly practical work. Designed for those with little or no previous experience, the course aims to upskill new installers, dryliners or decorators by introducing them to the benefits of jointing compounds. Attendees will learn how to use British Gypsums Jointing Range and Accessories to finish the plasterboard joints in their assigned training cubicle. Anyone that’s already finished the Introduction to Drylining Finishing course will find this a great next step to build on knowledge and skills. Following a short registration and safety session, attendees will get straight into practical work covering a variety of information about jointing, compounds and preparing finished surfaces ready for decoration. At the end of the course there’s a practical assessment to solidify the learning. This is a great opportunity to mix compounds and know when and exactly how to apply them. There’s a strong focus on safety and cleanliness with every attendee encouraged to work to the highest standards by an industry-recognised course leader. For those who pass the course and want to develop their taping skills further, the Mechanical Jointing Course is a great next move.
- Duration - 2 days
- Products Used - Gyproc EasiFill 60, Gyproc Joint Filler, Gyproc ProMix Lite, Gyproc LevelLine and Gyproc AquaBead
- Audience - Those who have finished the Introduction to Drylining Finishing course
- Learning Outcome - Skills in jointing, compounds and preparing finished surfaces
- Training Delivery - Face-to-face and practical work
- Teachers - Industry-recognised course leader
- Next Course - Mechanical Jointing Course